Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Winter Wonderland

Last week Mother Nature decided to get one last dig in before the spring thaw. Although I planned my more challenging run (speed work!) for the day before the storm, there was plenty of white stuff left on the ground for the rest of the week.

As I headed out for my run I passed by the same vineyard I pass by almost every run. This time I decided to stop and take a picture...just to share with all of you. I realized at that moment that my camera had been taking pictures of the inside of my purse for that last year so I had no memory left on it.

So, I did what any logical person would do. I stepped up my pace, turning my easy run into an impromptu tempo run and I raced back home to get my camera. I added an extra km or so on my total distance, with all the back and forth. But wouldn't you say it was worth it.



It's hard to see, but there is a little stream in front

For those that know me, I do not take very many pictures. I am the kind of mom that forgets to take her camera out on Christmas morning... birthdays, the cake gets all the attention...vacations, forget about it. Apparently the vineyard is very special.

This view reminds me that I am very lucky to be able to lace up, walk out my front door and head outside under my own power. I am rewarded with beautiful scenery, even in the winter. As a bonus, living in wine country I can also walk out my front door and head out to the closest winery and I am rewarded with great wine, all year round!
I just want to run right through them, but I won't.

What sights do you see out on your route that would make you back-track for the camera?

4 comments:

Kittee said...

What a beautiful runnning route.

Nothing really special here that I run by. Just houses...

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous!!! We live on an Army post; the planes, paratroopers, helicopters are all photo-worthy. I just don't know if I'm allowed to snap away!!

Cat B. said...

@Kittee, maybe there are some pretty houses?
@micki...too bad, cause that would be cool.

Liz said...

I love photos, and ofetn take them when I'm running or cycling. I'm not sure I would be bothered to go home to pick up the camera though!