Sunday, March 6, 2011

February Report

I know that we are a good week into March already, but I thought I should do a quick update of my goals for the month of February.

Total runs: 10
Total time on my feet: 9 hours
Total Kms for the month: 72.8
Total Kms for the year: 151.3

Okay, it's not the most significant number to date. I'm quite shy of my average of 80 kms/week to reach my year end goal of 1,100 kms. I just keep telling myself that it will be noooo problem getting out for a run when the weather gets nicer. Although, deep down I know that it hasn't just been the weather that has held me back. I have a few other lame excuses in my back pocket.

That being said, I skipped my planned 3K yesterday mostly due to the torrential rain fall and 40km/hr winds. I woke up this morning regretting that decision, as there was at least 5 inches of fresh, wet and heavy snow on the ground. I waited until 11am before I laced up my brand spankn' ( and very clean) Saucony's.

Turned out to be one of my best runs to date. Not only did I manage my scheduled 14kms but it only took just two minutes longer than my 13K from last week...and did I mention there was 5" of snow!!! It might have had something to do with the peanut m&m's I experimented with as fuel...seriously, it just felt soooo bad to be eating chocolate on a run. Who's bad?

I even attempted the ice bath today too. It was a little more like a tepid bath, as I don't think I got the water quite as cold as it should've been. I had no trouble staying in for 10 minutes. I'll have to fill you in on the effects of the ice bath at a later date, as I'm still not sure if I'll be sore tomorrow or not. I also included a post-run shake...very yummy, that should help with recovery.

How did you end your weekend?

No comments: