Monday, January 9, 2012

Music Monday

I haven't done a music post in a long time and there is so much great stuff out there right now. I'll try not to bore you too much. Or waste too much of your time (as I know you will be watching every video I post).

Although I haven't been running too, too much lately, I still enjoy my ipod and finding new music to run to. You know when you're a runner when you listen to a song on the radio and think "This is a great song to do hills too." or something along those lines.

That being said, I am reaaalllyy into some old favourites. In the summer I had the chance to see City and Colour in a town close by. Well....free concert in farmland + two moms that don't get out much = the most memorable night of my life!!! (okay, best of the summer anyway). My sister-in-law was such a trooper and we both endured blistered feet and a long walk on a very dark highway to watch this guy.

So I wouldn't say that City and Colour have the songs to get your heart pumpin' (in a running sense), they sure do rock, and lately I can't seem to get enough. Especially this song and this song (which features Pink, have to see this to truly appreciate it).

I've become one of those people that listens to their ipod in the car on my commute to/from work. I'm just really into it right now. I've posted a video before on C&C, so I won't do it again. But check out the latest album...all their albums...you won't regret.

Moving on to the music. Other stuff I'm into right now:

The Pack A.D.-Sirens

There's just something about a gritty guitar and a gritty-er female lead voice. To me, the song has an early punk with a very Euro sound. I just found out they are Canadian....who'd thunk it? Sorry about the video, it was all I could find. Not very entertaining.


Grouplove-Tongue Tied

You'll probably know this song from the ipod Touch commercial. Honestly I usually hate when songs get used in commercials, they lose their credibility a bit. But this is just so damn catchy! I didn't see the video until now...kinda reminds me of the good old days of crazy house parties. The only problem I have is the band name...do not Google it! You've been warned!!


Flo Rida-Good Feeling

Okay, I'll admit I was a little hesitant to put this up. It's a little (a lot) different than my usual musical taste. The point of Music Monday is to hopefully introduce you to something a little different and well...sometimes a girl's just gotta dance! I loved this from the minute I heard it. I was riding the stationary bike in my basement and it just got me going. Best ride ever! So I'm hooked. A little embarrassed, but hooked.


So, that's just the beginning. I plan to be more consistent with these and like I said before, there is so much great new music out right now I'll have plenty to share.

So what songs are stuck on repeat in your head right now?

No comments: