Here's just the random thoughts that are going on in my head right now:
1) Somehow I've managed to 'skip' over a month of running. I'm not sure exactly how this happened. Not only have I not run in a long time but I also have completely abandoned any type of physical exercise. I made a decision each and every day to NOT move my body. And now the regret is sinking in. Specifically sinking into my lower back...man, I've been sore. Not the good muscle sore you get from a workout, but a wow! my body feels like shit, kinda sore.
2) That being said, yesterday I went for a run. I left the kids at dance class and headed out for an easy run with me, myself and my ipod. I had a great first 20mins. Then the second 20mins were a little rough. Figures that I can't just pick up where I left off a month ago. Funny how that happens. Anyway, glad I did it and hopefully its the start of something good.
3) Have you seen Google+ yet? I just discovered this the other day, now that it's open to the public. I'm not sure what I think but I do like the reader component. I get all my blog updates in larger teaser format. Even Blogger has changed. Not quite as pretty as it was before, but it seems to have all the functions I need. I guess I'll know more if I actually start blogging more again.
4) I'm addicted to tv again! The start of the new shows and the return of old favourites has reminded me of why I find it so hard to get off the couch in the winter...specifically because of Tina Fey, Amy Poehler and the cast of Modern Family. I miss good tv. This summer I only had True Blood to look forward to and that was just a huge, season-long, blood splattered let down.
5) The kids are back in school. This week Dee tried out for cross-country!! I was thrilled, but tried hard not to push too hard. We went to the school yard for our own 'practice', so she had an idea of the distance and pace. She has had three try-out days and another next week. I still don't know if she has made the team? I was impressed that the running has started at a 1min. run/1 min. walk pace. So exciting! I have visions of us doing trail runs together...okay maybe I'm getting ahead of myself a bit.