Thursday, December 16, 2010

Day 16

I am proud as punch!

I have manged to fit in a minimum of 30 minutes of exercise EVERYDAY since Dec. 1st. The best part is...that it really hasn't been that hard to do.

I admit, there have been days were I would rather not have Jillian Michaels yell at me, but overall it just come to planning. The best workouts are when my kids join me, using stuffed animals and Barbies as hand weights!

I have been really good at taking a look at the family calendar and seeing all the craziness planned for the week ahead, then figuring out the best time for me to create a little sweat. Now, this was where the challenge part of the 30 Day challenge came in. It wasn't the 30 minutes part (that's easy), it was waking up at 6:30am in order to do said 30 minutes. Realizing that the only time I have for myself is at 6:30am is kinda sad...but really, that's the life I chose (as a working mom).

So yesterday and today I woke up early, found a movie playing on TMN and tuned in for half and hour while peddling my little heart out on the bike. The bike is about the only form of exercise my body is capable of at such an hour.

Now....I can be rewarded for my efforts. Tonight I will be enjoying a work Christmas party completely guilt free!
Keep in mind, I didn't start this challenge to lose weight over the holidays, I just didn't want to gain any. I wanted to be able to enjoy the pleasures of the season (mostly those pleasures that come in chocolate or alcohol form) without feeling like a beached whale by Jan. 1.

So onward we go! The real challenge will be amped up on Christmas eve and Christmas day, but I will worry about that then.

I still have tons of shopping and gift finding to do, so right now most of my mental state is focused on that. That and trying to give subtle hints to hubby that I want a new running watch this Christmas!

How's your challenge going? Are the holidays getting the best of you yet?

No comments: